Refereeing in Canada
Guidelines For Refereeing Nationals
1) There will be a minimum of 2 referees per table.
2) Using the Ontario/Manitoba border; the referees will be evenly distributed 50% East and 50% West with the Yukon and Northwest Territories falling under the West. The place of residence of the referee as of April 1 of the year of the event will be considered their home province.
3) The maximum number of referees from one province will not exceed 33 1/3% of the total referees. There cannot be two referees from the same province officiating the same match.
4) The maximum number of Level III referees will not exceed 33 1/3%. There cannot be two level III referees officiating the same match.
5) Any person who is qualified and wishes to referee the National Championships must submit their name in writing to the Referee-in-Chief on or before May 1 in the year of the event.
6) Any person who is qualified and wishes to referee the World Championships as one of Canada's referees must submit their name to the Referee-in-Chief on or before July 1 in the year of the event.